Re: text size on CLI

Hi Chris,

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 08:45:17PM +0100, Chris Davies wrote:
> Mike McClain <mike.junk@nethere.com> wrote:
> > On the command line in Squeeze my screen size seems to be 43x128
> > which makes it very hard on my eyes. How do I get it to around 36x80?
>
> When you say "the command line" do you mean in a terminal window within
> the GUI or do you mean on a non-GUI console?
>
> If it's the latter, try changing /etc/default/console-setup so that
> FONTFACE="Fixed" and FONTSIZE="13". Or some other variant to suit. Run
> setupcon to test out your changes.

I'm talking about /dev/tty1-10, non-GUI console.

I changed /etc/default/console-setup from:
    FONTFACE="VGA"
    FONTSIZE="32x16"
to:
    FONTFACE="Fixed"
    FONTSIZE="18"
and reran setupcon but still have a 42x128 screen.
I tried
    SCREEN_WIDTH=80
    SCREEN_HEIGHT=25
in /etc/default/console-setup and ended up with only the upper left of the screen being used.

Other suggestions?

Thanks for trying,
Mike
--