Re: [solved] Re: Debian won't install via businesscard

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:36:26 +0100, Brian wrote:

> On Tue 17 Jul 2012 at 16:28:34 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:13:10 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>>
>> > But now, please have some even more patience with this doubt of mine:
>> > to connect to internet I normally need `ppp', and to install ppp I
>> > need at least a base system ready: so, how is it possible to have an
>> > internet connection during the installation, i.e. before it is
>> > complete??
>>
>> That's also documented in the Installation Guide:
>>
>> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apds05.html.en
>
> I will have to learn to read between the lines of a post. 'ppp' seemed
> clear enough, but maybe it is PPPoE.

Uh, yes... I read it too fast :-(

If the user is using a dial-up modem (not an usb dsl device) then, unless
something has changed, that's not supported:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_use_netinst_over_PPP.3F

Greetings,

--
Camaleón