[solved] Re: Debian won't install via businesscard

On Friday, July 13, 2012 10:50:02 AM UTC, Brian wrote:

>> Which mirror are you usingi? Did you try more than one?

> The mirror I'm asking about is the one you used when installing from the
> businesscard.iso and which gives the  message
>
>  Debootstrap Error
>  Failed to determine the codename for the release

It was not clear to me that a Debian installation via businesscard requires an
internet connection _during_ the installation: in fact, I downloaded
debian-6.0.5-i386-netinst.iso, burned it onto CD and the installation proceeded
until the end without problems.  I apologize to all the listers for my mistake.
But now, please have some even more patience with this doubt of mine: to
connect to internet I normally need `ppp', and to install ppp I need at least a
base system ready: so, how is it possible to have an internet connection during
the installation, i.e. before it is complete??

Thanks
Rodolfo