Re: What commands do I need to remove all vestiges of X + Bumblebee from my Squeeze installation?

On 15/07/12 10:00 AM, aditya menon wrote:
Thanks, I'll try the Purge option.

However, there is a slight difficulty because I don't know what packages X has installed... there are many xserver-xorg-* packages I can't track down - will it be okay if I do a regex remove (something like `aptitude purge xserver-*`, for example)?

Also, Bumblebee was not installed via Aptitude, and even after following the instructions to uninstall it won't go away... I can understand if it's not possible to help me with this info, no problem...

Aptitude is usually smart enough to remove packages made unnecessary when the package that depended on them is removed. No need to get fancy.

You can try locating the Bumblebee files and removing them manually (i.e. delete the files). This may require a couple of passes with reboots in between. You may even want to boot into single-user (rescue) mode or use a live CD to ensure that they aren't in memory.