Re: What commands do I need to remove all vestiges of X + Bumblebee from my Squeeze installation?

On 14/07/12 09:32 PM, aditya menon wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have had to install and remove X multiple times using aptitude
> trying to debug my graphic card. Now, I'm ready to give up and simply
> get X as it is.
>
> I also have tried the uninstall process outlined in Bumblebee's
> documentation, but it still tries to start up (I can see it calling
> 'starting Bumblebeed - failed') when I start the system on terminal.
>
> So I'd like to restore my system to a 'clean' level, without
> re-formatting. I have no real personal data on the install, but it's
> a pain to reformat. I want to achieve a state where there is no X or
> bumblebee... help please?
>
> Thanks!

Use the purge option with aptitude to remove the configuration files as well as the packages.

However, to debug your graphics card, we'd need more information. Linux & X work with almost anything you can throw at it, even if it doesn't enable all the high-end features. You may however need to install Wheezy if your card is really new.