slsc, i.e., spreadsheet calculator using s-lang (Re: sc, i.e., spread sheet calculator using ncurses)

Hi,

Wilko Fokken wrote:

> I remember 'slsc', a text based spreadsheet, based on 'sc', but more
> advanced. Unfortunately, Debian doesn't contain it any more.
>
> At least up to Debian 3, this prog was provided.
>
> If you can find an 'slsc' source, you might be instrumental in
> bringing it back to life. You'll probably prefer it to 'sc'.

Interesting.

<http://packages.qa.debian.org/slsc>:
	[2006-12-23] Removed 0.2.3-9 from unstable

<http://bugs.debian.org/315641>:
	I hoped to be able to tell you that I had it working, but after a
	number of hours working on porting it, I came to the conclusion that
	is it not possible.  One part of sc using the internals of slang
	extensively, unfortunately these internals don't exist in slang2.
[...]
	OK, I think you have convinced me.  It's true that there are probably
	very few people that use it, and I don't use it anymore either.

<http://snapshot.debian.org/package/slsc/> has version 0.2.3-9, which
is one revision newer than the version from sarge.

The version at <ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slsc/> still seems to be
0.2.3 and to require s-lang 1.  The author writes:

	slsc is a spreadsheet program that is based on sc.  The main
	difference is that slsc is much easier to use.  However, I am nolonger
	supporting it.

Ciao,
Jonathan