Re: Transferring files between Samsung tablet and a Debian box

Mark Neidorff:
> Miles Fidelman:
> > amazing what one can find with a little googling:
> > http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/12/how-to-connect-your-android-ice-cream-sa
> > ndwich-phone-to-ubuntu-for-file-access
>
> It doesn't work for me.  Here is the error output that I get:
>
> mark@Mark:~$ mtp-detect
> libmtp version: 1.0.3
>
> Listing raw device(s)
> Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is UNKNOWN.
> Please report this VID/PID and the device model to the libmtp
> development team Found 1 device(s):
>    04e8:6860 @ bus 1, dev 8

It's OK, you just need the VID and PID in order to put them into
/etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules.

You might understand a little more of mtpfs after reading this:
www.linux-magazine.com/content/view/full/45191/(offset)/3

For more interesting stuff on MTP in Linux, try the same url, leaving
away the 3 at the end.