Re: Transferring files between Samsung tablet and a Debian box

Ken Heard <kenslists@teksavvy.com> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how I can transfer files between my Samsung tablet
>with Honeycomb and my Debian boxes with Lenny or Squeeze, using either
>USB or Bluetooth connection between them?  I know I can transfer them
>by
>e-mail, but that method is cumbersome.

I hear newer versions of android no longer support the usb mass storage protocol. They use something called Media Transfer Protocol. The libmtp package (and associated utility packages) should help, but I think they are still in debian unstable only.