Re: Transferring files between Samsung tablet and a Debian box

Kushal Kumaran wrote:
Ken Heard <kenslists@teksavvy.com> wrote:

Can anyone tell me how I can transfer files between my Samsung tablet
with Honeycomb and my Debian boxes with Lenny or Squeeze, using either
USB or Bluetooth connection between them?  I know I can transfer them
by
e-mail, but that method is cumbersome.

I hear newer versions of android no longer support the usb mass storage protocol. They use something called Media Transfer Protocol. The libmtp package (and associated utility packages) should help, but I think they are still in debian unstable only.

amazing what one can find with a little googling:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/12/how-to-connect-your-android-ice-cream-sandwich-phone-to-ubuntu-for-file-access