Re: [OT] Re: Test Post

On Thu 12 Jul 2012 at 10:22:19 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
> > Shouldn't be (or "wouldn't be nice to have", I don't want to sound too
> > agressive) a dedicated mailing list for this purpose? I mean, for testing
> > how messages will appear before getting into the real "dangerous jungle"
> > and don't disturbing "the beasts" (groaar!) :-)
>
> That would be a welcome addition to the mailing lists.  Then instead
> of saying that there are 3,000 members on this mailing list and
> therefore a level of noise reduction is needed, don't send test
> messages to it, we could say please send them to the debian-list-test
> or some such mailing list instead.

A reasonable and right-thinking person knows what the purpose of any
mailing list is and is aware that posting mails which do not serve the
purpose of the list is ill-mannered and inconsiderate. A dedicated list
for such people is taking it to far. Especially as it has all the
flavour of closing the stable door.

I'd suggest vgui-discuss as a suitable test-bed. Or debian-devel for
living dangerously. :)