Re: xmonad and LXDE.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:29:32AM -0800, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> In all the screenshots I've seen, the xmonad windows occupy the whole screen
> with nothing else visible at the edges.  So I wonder whether xmonad can run
> on X without a desktop environment.  Explanations?

xmonad is a tiling window manager. The windows expand and/or contract so
that the entire screen is always filled. (Unless you have configured it
to behave otherwise). You may want to search for xmonad on youtube to
see it in action.

> Does anyone here use xmonad?  How do you start it?

How does xdm know to start LXDE if you don't have a ~/.xsession file?