Re: Iceweasel trouble, anyone else?

Rob Owens wrote:
> I recently had issues with iceweasel using 80% of my CPU.  I tried
> upgrading from 3.something to 10.something in the mozilla.debian.net
> repos.  That didn't fix it.
>
> I remembered that I had a kernel upgrade recently (from the backports
> repo), and I had never rebooted.  Rebooting fixed my iceweasel issue.

Firefox consumed 100% cpu?  And it was repeatable?  You likely hit the
recent linux kernel leap second bug[1].  FWIW it hit me too.  Perhaps
humorously I didn't think it was a kernel mutex problem because
Firefox has so often consumed 100% for no good reason. :-)

Bob

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/7/1/11