Re: full automated installation preseed without any network connection?

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 07:11:13AM BST, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Ma, 10 iul 12, 16:29:54, anotst01@fastmail.fm wrote:
> > Dear list,
> >
> > can Debian be fully automated installed when there is no network
> > connection available?
>
> Could you please give more details about what you want to achieve? I'd
> install on a removable drive, boot the new system with it and cp -a
> everything over.
>
> If you need to do this on several (more or less identical) machines you
> can create an image that you can just copy over.

What the OP means is using Debian Installer (d-i) with preseeding.

I personally use it for fully automated install over the network but
yes, you can use d-i with preseeding for off-line installation - think
CD/DVD or USB memory stick with a local .deb repository.

Regards,
--
rjc

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855