Re: virt-manager fails to connect to remote server

On 09/07/12 03:23 AM, Cam Hutchison wrote:
Gary Dale<garydale@rogers.com>  writes:

On 08/07/12 09:01 PM, Davi Garcia wrote:
Hey,

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Gary Dale<garydale@rogers.com>   wrote:
Any ideas?
This looks similar to bug #590649 [1]. Have you tried to install "ssh-askpass"?

[1] - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=590649

[]s,

When I run it with ssh-askpass installed, I get:
Unable to connect to libvirt.
Cannot recv data: Host key verification failed. : Connection reset by peer
Given what you have said in your other email, where you have reinstalled
Debian on the server, and the above error message, it looks like you have
an old host key in your ~/.ssh/known_hosts or /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts
(you may not have the latter).

Is it possible that when you manually ssh to test, you are using a
different host name to what you are using in the qemu+ssh url? e.g.
one is a fully-qualified host name, and one is not? Regardless, check
your known_hosts files for all references to the server hostname and
IP address, delete those lines and manually ssh in again using the
same hostname as is in your qemu+ssh URL.

I'd thought of that. I did delete my known_hosts file when I brought up the new server - I don't have that many known_hosts that I connect to, so recreating it isn't a problem.

I don't have the /etc/ssh/known_hosts file.

However, thanks to your suggestion, I removed the .local that virt-manager tagged on to the end of my server name and I got the connection!

Thanks.