Re: OT: need a simple CMS / website builder

On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 23:16 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 17:05 -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
> > My kids want to make their own webpages.  I intend to host them on my
> > own server and limit who has access to them.  I need some
> > recommendations.  Wordpress?  Drupal?  This will be on a Squeeze system.
> >
> > I have a dyndns account to provide access to my dynamic IP address.
> >
> > The kids are between 6 and 11.  I want them to be able to do this mostly
> > on their own, after some training from me.
> >
> > I want them each to have their own site, likely to be themed / colored
> > differently.
> >
> > I would like them to be able to add user accounts for family members
> > who will have read-only access to the sites.  I don't want to have to do
> > that myself.  I want them to be able to do it, so root access shouldn't
> > be required.
> >
> > They seem most interested in posting pictures and videos of their toys.
> > I'm sure there will be some text content as well (stories and such).
> >
> > This whole craze may die out a month after I set it up, so I don't
> > necessarily want to spend a lot of time on it...
> >
> > So, any advice?  Have I left out any important details?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > -Rob
>
> Drupal at least is what most kids use today. Don't worry about sexual
> fantasies. Most kids are all right, they don't tend to shoot homosexual
> black WCUs (http://www.dict.cc/?s=Rollstuhlfahrer ). IOW, trust your
> children!

PS: Regarding to the education, your children won't take a look at the
bunny, the child molesters pretend to show the children. SAY NO GO!!!
Might be broken English, but I guess the content is understandable.
"Your children aren't idiots, as long as you don't teach them to be
idiots."

That's the point
Ralf