OT: need a simple CMS / website builder

My kids want to make their own webpages.  I intend to host them on my
own server and limit who has access to them.  I need some
recommendations.  Wordpress?  Drupal?  This will be on a Squeeze system.

I have a dyndns account to provide access to my dynamic IP address.

The kids are between 6 and 11.  I want them to be able to do this mostly
on their own, after some training from me.

I want them each to have their own site, likely to be themed / colored
differently.

I would like them to be able to add user accounts for family members
who will have read-only access to the sites.  I don't want to have to do
that myself.  I want them to be able to do it, so root access shouldn't
be required.

They seem most interested in posting pictures and videos of their toys.
I'm sure there will be some text content as well (stories and such).

This whole craze may die out a month after I set it up, so I don't
necessarily want to spend a lot of time on it...

So, any advice?  Have I left out any important details?

Thanks

-Rob