Re: PS2 Keyboard not working after latest update

Hi,
Tried both of those but nothing. I have a theory that it might be a Udev problem, but can't be certain. Does anyone have any ideas why a problem like that might arise?
James

On 29 June 2012 04:18, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 03:30:11PM +0000, James Allsopp wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm sorry but I'm having a bit of a problem with Debian squeeze.
>
> The keyboard hardware is working as I can use it in grub but as soon
> as I get to GDM the keyboard does not respond. Even if I kill GDM
> via ssh, the keyboard doesn't respond on the terminal.

It seems not to be related to X then.

I'm not running squeeze, so I'm not sure which packages have changed.

but, as a suggestion,

does either "less /var/log/dpkg.log | grep keyboard" and/or "less
/var/log/syslog | grep keyboard" show anything of interest.

Another thing to remember is that any updates to squeeze are carefully
tested and if a bug crept through like that there would be soon be an
uproar.

Check dmesg output for *any* messages regarding your keyboard.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X