Re: SATA 6 Gb/s WD HDD not booting on Squeeze [SOLVED]

On 27/06/2012 02:46, Nick Boyce wrote:
On Wednesday 27 Jun 2012 00:30:20 Mark Panen wrote:

When i reboot grub appears and then i get a message "Please wait
I think you'd better tell us what some of that doodookaka actually says :)

Knoppix does not pick up the 2TB drive so i can't edit the fstab to get
rid of the entries i put in.
What version of Knoppix ?
ISTR there's a disk size limit of around 2Tb+ after which you need a UEFI BIOS
to handle the drive - or at least a BIOS that can handle GPT partition format
disks.

What's the motherboard in this machine ?

Could someone please tell me how the f*** to edit fstab?
I think my first move would be to physically disconnect the 3 smaller drives,
and try booting then - just the data cables, you can leave the power cables
connected if that helps.  Bet you've tried that by now :)

Cheers
Nick

My bad sorry, i had to enable the AHCI in Marvell in the BIOS.

--
Cheers
Mark