Re: SATA 6 Gb/s WD HDD not booting on Squeeze

On Wednesday 27 Jun 2012 00:30:20 Mark Panen wrote:

> When i reboot grub appears and then i get a message "Please wait

I think you'd better tell us what some of that doodookaka actually says :)

> Knoppix does not pick up the 2TB drive so i can't edit the fstab to get
> rid of the entries i put in.

What version of Knoppix ?
ISTR there's a disk size limit of around 2Tb+ after which you need a UEFI BIOS
to handle the drive - or at least a BIOS that can handle GPT partition format
disks.

What's the motherboard in this machine ?

> Could someone please tell me how the f*** to edit fstab?

I think my first move would be to physically disconnect the 3 smaller drives,
and try booting then - just the data cables, you can leave the power cables
connected if that helps.  Bet you've tried that by now :)

Cheers
Nick
--
Never FDISK after midnight