Re: unique install question?

Hi, Julien!

On Wednesday 13 June 2012 20:42:04 Julien Claassen wrote:
> Debian has much more to offer to me as a blnd
> user and it's more stable. :-)

+1  Much better also for a partially sighted user.  I use Lenny with KDE
3.5.10, which is highly configurable, and I have configured it for me!

I shall soon move kicking and screaming into the 21st Century and use Squeeze
with TDE 3.5.13.  (Trinity Desktop Environment, the continuation of KDE
3.5.x).  It would, of course be better from most points of view to move
straight to Wheezy.  But TDE for Wheezy isn't ready yet, so I shall have park
in Squeeze for a bit.

Nothing else is as configurable as KDE 3.5.x.  Only TDE, its continuation.  I
have tried several alternatives.  Most are just too fond of bling, at the
expense of functionality.

If I can persuade any of my blind friends to use Linux, I may pick your brains
on Debian for the blind.  I always prefer to use Debian for everything.

Best wishes,
Lisi