Re: Synaptic preferences question

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 16:21 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> there still should be run, and that's
> why it takes a bit of time to get Synaptic available and ready to work.

No, you're mistaken. Synaptic DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY UPGRADE REPOSITORY
INFORMATION. If Synaptic should do by default, I would go more nuts than
I already do. I'm Suse proved and I know you're too, so I suspect you
confuse Suse's YaST or even Smart with Synaptic.

Again, there are good reasons to use CLI or scripts and there are other
good reasons to use a GUI tool like Synaptic.
I do "both", regarding to my needs.