Re: Synaptic preferences question

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 15:40 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:28:07 -0500, John W. Foster wrote:
>
> > I want to have Synaptic automatically download & display the process of
> > of the download of all the packages I have in the sources.list when it
> > first is opened. I do not 'see' this happening now. It may be doing it
> > but I don't know for sure, since it only pops up the download window
> > when I key it to update manually. Any suggestions? frosty
>
> I can be wrong but I thought the "reload" takes place automatically when
> Synaptic is open :-?
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

Exactly my reason for this question. I believe that should occur.
However I do not "see' that activity, there is no popup screen &
I seem to be required to do it manually.
This is not any kind of rant. I just want to know what my system is
doing, by having the visual que that the popup screen provides. I
'believe' that this 'reload' is not occuring because of the time
required for the screen to open to the synaptic menue. Its damn quick to
open to the menu (about 2 seconds)& when I manually hit the reload
button it takes a few seconds (about 5 seconds)for it to finish but it
shows the activity in the popup.
Thanks!
frosty