Re: [OT] Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

On Tuesday 05 June 2012 18:55:59 Nuno Magalhães wrote:
> That's awkward, i was under the impression there was a change some
> years back so that the stable branch would change to a 6 months
> release schedule. Did that never go through or was it only temporary?

It was cancelled, though they seem to be trying to keep the gap between
releases a bit shorter.  But the fact that Debian stable is well debugged and
only released when it is ready, is one of the reasons that I, and, I imagine,
others, use it.

I am just sorry that they have changed it at all.  Ubuntu now has 5 year
support for its long term supported version.  Such a pity that Debian is
going the other way. :-(

Lisi