Laptop wake-up issue

Hi all,

I have recently built Debian 6 squeeze on my Toshiba Satellite P200 laptop, Everything runs great on it except the sleep or hibernate function

I have setup the power options so that when the lid is shut it goes to sleep, when i open up the lid i can see the screen and HDD's spin up but the screen remains black. Its backlit but off,i cant get a logon screen to enter my password.

I have to hold the power and cycle and start again. A little annoying if i'm trying to work on something and need to come back later. Doesnt really work.

Anyone troubleshooted an issue like this before? Where can i start? Wanting to try anything o fix it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks ;)