Re: Apertium error... seeking English <-> Español translation tool

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:08:05 -0700, John Magolske wrote:

> * Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> [120621 11:23]:
>> On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:45:07 -0700, John Magolske wrote:
>>
>> > I'd like to use the Apertium translation tool [1], which can
>> > translate English <-> Español (and other languages too, but that's
>> > the pair I'm most interested in atm) ...
>> > [...]
>> Debian sid has 3.1.0.2, if the above bug is still present in that
>> version you should report a regression (ah... now I see you added a
>> comment there, good!).
>
> (wasn't me that added the comment)

Oh, you're right, sorry! I somehow confused you with the last reporter,
maybe because of the recent date it was placed and because the error was
the same as yours O:-)

>> In the meantime, you can also try with the latest upstream packages
>> (3.2) available in sourceforge:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/apertium/files/apertium/
>
> I may install from there if that's the only way I can get it...was
> hoping there would be some sort of work-around that would allow the
> aptitude installed version to work.

Add your comments in the mentioned bug report so the packager can confirm
there's still a problem and corrects it or uploads a new version.

>> Or try with a different application, such as stardict, goldendict or
>> babiloo.
>
> It seems Apertium is the only application that does what I'm looking for
> -- something that can take entire sentences, paragraphs, text files, etc
> and translate them. All the other applications seem to translate one
> word at a time.

You mean a real traslator (such as Google Translator)? Is that's so I
think that at least "stardict" can do it when using an Internet
connection.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón