Re: Apertium error... seeking English <-> Español translation tool

* Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> [120621 11:23]:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:45:07 -0700, John Magolske wrote:
>
> > I'd like to use the Apertium translation tool [1], which can translate
> > English <-> Español (and other languages too, but that's the pair I'm
> > most interested in atm) ...
> > [...]
> Debian sid has 3.1.0.2, if the above bug is still present in that version
> you should report a regression (ah... now I see you added a comment
> there, good!).

(wasn't me that added the comment)

> In the meantime, you can also try with the latest upstream packages (3.2)
> available in sourceforge:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/apertium/files/apertium/

I may install from there if that's the only way I can get it...was
hoping there would be some sort of work-around that would allow the
aptitude installed version to work.

> Or try with a different application, such as stardict, goldendict or
> babiloo.

It seems Apertium is the only application that does what I'm looking
for -- something that can take entire sentences, paragraphs, text
files, etc and translate them. All the other applications seem to
translate one word at a time.

John

--
John Magolske