Re: Re (2): Backup system for use when Debian fails.

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:47:11 -0700, peasthope wrote:

> From:	Camaleon <noelamac@gmail.com>
> Date:	Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:52:11 +0000 (UTC)
>> Well, that's what LiveCDs and USB sticks with a running system are
>> aimed for, to be a lifesaver when your main system cannot boot or is
>> completely hosed.
>
> Yes, I'm flaunting a prejudice.
>
> Also a spare Debian system could be kept with a policy of "never monkey
> with it and with the primary system at the same time".  Older laptops
> are discarded like paper cups.

Agree.

Anyway, having a different OS can be of help when there's a problem
affecting only your main system's OS version. Despite it's a corner case,
it can also happen.

> From:	peasthope@shaw.ca
> Date:	Sun, 17 Jun 2012 10:25:02 -0700
>> ... unsophisticated and superbly reliable.
>
> "uncomplicated" would have been better than "unsophisticated".

Don't be too picky with your own wording. At least my non-English mind
could catch the essence of the above "unsophisticated" :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón