Re: what causes these apt-get/aptitude errors?

Hello Neal,

Neal Murphy <neal.p.murphy@alum.wpi.edu> wrote:
> Installed the https transport package to try https: in sources.list. But now I
> see a few "Failed to connect to 2001:500:61:28::70: Network is unreachable"
> (or address 2607:ea00:101:3c0b:207:e9ff:fe00:e595). Why are any IPV6 addrs
> being used?

Why not? The server probably has a AAAA record and one of your
interfaces has a globally routable IPv6 address, which lets your
glibc (or whatever does resolving on your system) assume that you
have a working IPv6 address.

If you don’t like that, there is a switch somewhere in sysctl to
disable IPv6 completely, though I don’t see the point in that.

My guess is still that you have more-or-less local networking
problems, for whatever reason.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
Your true value depends entirely on what you are compared with.
http://chubig.net                          telnet nightfall.org 4242