Re: what causes these apt-get/aptitude errors?

On Wednesday 13 June 2012 15:24:39 Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> ..network problems.  Fix those, and try again.

Checked. The host I'm working on shows no networking errors. The firewall
shows no errors. The resets do seem to come from the remote (seen using
tcpdump on the internet link). There've been no complaints from anyone at that
site about poor or flaky network connections. It only seems to happen apt-
get/aptitude.

Aptitude also reports "W: GPG error on security.debian.org squeeze/updates
Release: the following signatures were invalid: NODATA 2"

I changed locale to C and it works better. But still erratic. And still no
errors on the local IFs.

So I give up. Next time I'm down there, I'm going to reinstall. Or maybe just
install wheezy to keep both sites the same (the other site's hardware is too
new for squeeze).

Thanks anyway!