Re: Adobe Flash in Chromium out of date: stable debian

On Sat, 2012-06-16 at 16:46 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> Iceweasel "slow"? At least for me Firefox 13 is fast as hell :-)

Firefox is very fast, fast enough for my needs, but it can't compare to
browsers with less features on my machine. Firefox 13 sometimes force me
to kill it and sometimes to reset the computer. Independent to the
distro, OTOH all distros I run that are buggy, use similar versions of
software, such as the DE. The issues I get usually lead to hardware that
will brake soon, but I don't think that hardware is near to brake on my
machine, since outdated Linux installs are still stable and other people
running current versions of software, report much more serious issues
than I get.

Btw. my Debian install still is on Iceweasel 12.x and I won't upgrade to
13 at the moment.

Regarding to the speed, IMO Firefox and Iceweasel are fast enough for
relatively fast ADSL, the difference to other browsers is hardly
noticeable, but I suspect that in combination with less fast Internet
access, other browser are better. Mozillas always where my favorite
browsers and they still are, even if I don't like some changes such as
the way the histories are handled today, most features are still better
as they're for other browsers.

BOT, yes, Iceweasel and Firefox are slow. It doesn't matter on fast
machines with fast Internet access.

YMMV!
Ralf