Re: ..selling a surplus wintendo sticker, was: dd_rescue No additional sense

On Sat, 2012-06-16 at 00:34 +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 09:57:13 +0100, keith wrote in message
> <[🔎] 1339750633.2316.9.camel@hp-g62>:
>
> > However, there is a code sticker on the bottom of a laptop, that may
> > let you get a copy from the manufacturer.
>
> ..I bought a laptop with a wintendo install that I used to
> pick up the http://goodbye-microsoft.com/ installer, how much
> is a surplus wintendo sticker sticker worth on e.g. Ebay?

Serious, if possible ;D. How does it work. Somebody owning such a
sticker needs to send it to Microsoft? The sticker is for the install
medias + license? I don't think so.
IIRC a friend who once bought a PC got the install medias for Vista 32,
and 64 bit, but he needed to register the install. The computer buying
price included a light version of Vista, to get the full version, there
was the need to pay again. IIRC something needed to be unlocked. Am I
suffering from delusions of lunacy or may I remember correctly? Perhaps
both ;).

Hm! I found this link:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/Windows-license-key-from-sticker-are-unreadable/td-p/598847

He?

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/product-activation.aspx

I don't understand it, but suspect that getting the sticker won't help.
OTOH, I'm not suffering from delusions of lunacy, at least not regarding
to my memories.