Re: Sid Synaptic authenticates with sudo

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:

> Synaptic has begun asking for my user password rather than the root
> password.  Why is this happening, and how do I make it stop?  I want only
> users with root privileges to use apt/aptitude/synaptic/gdebi/etc. and I
> want the original behavior restored.

I don't have a Debian install with a DE to verify the following but
I'd check "/etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d/" where there's most
likely a file defining the polkit admin users.

(Do you have users on your system who can sudo to root and not su to root?!)