Re: /tmp is too small

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:02:21 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 02:33:27PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:03:11 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote: Following
>> with your allegory -and as I already explained- I'll be glad in cooking
>> but the resulting meal can be just inedible as I lack for the proper
>> recipes...
>
> Recipes can be made up according to your ingredients. ;-)

With my ingredients you can be poisoned (you've been warned) O:-)

> Since the default is now going to be "off" anyway, is there any reason
> to document it in such urgency?  E.g. Once wheezy becomes the supported
> architecture, a wiki page could be created: "Taking advantage of /tmp on
> tmpfs" or some better title.

If the default is going to be the same way we've been doing all the time
(i.e., no tmpfs) I don't see any urgency for an entry in the wiki, though
still would be nice because it means we care about our users and we want
they are informed about the possible options :-)

> Sorry, but I don't see it being me, as I lack the proper ingredients.

Yeah, me too. I think this is a task for someone in close touch with the
latest developments.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón