Re: /tmp is too small

On 06/07/2012 05:11 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 13:48:25 +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:

I need more space for /tmp.  I though, easy, I'll just take out the /tmp
entry in /etc/fstab so that it doesn't mount anything on /tmp and uses
the the space on the root partition, which has more than room enough.
But then I discover that in my newly installed wheezy system, there *is*
no /etc/fstab entry for /tmp.  Apparently the kernel, all  by itself,
decides to mount the tmpfs on /tmp.

How can I get it not to do this?

Or alternatively, how can I enlarge the tmpfs?  I need it enlarged from
anout 200M to about 2G for this week's project.  Yes, that's a lot
bigger than my RAM.
I recall this has been discused here time ago but can't remember if we
finally have a wiki page where to direct users facing any problem with
this new default (how to tweak the current presets to fit users needs,
how to disable it, pros and cons, usage cases...).

Greetings,

There is a  discussion in debian-devel about tmp behavior in wheezy.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/06/threads.html#00134

Regards,
Alex