Installing Debian 6.0.5 (stable) with newer kernel

I'm about to buy a new motherboard (and CPU etc.) and will probably
switch from i386 to amd64 system. Many motherboards have a chipset which
requires newer kernel than 2.6.32 which is on Debian 6.0.5. On the other
hand backports.debian.org has kernel 3.2.

Is it possible to install Debian 6.0.5 directly with newer kernel? I
don't know what kernel is used by the Debian 6.0.5 installer and I'm not
sure if my potential new motherboard will boot or work at all with the
default Debian 6.0.5 installer/installed kernel.

Currently I'm thinking of Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard with Intel
Core i7 980 CPU.

http://www.gigabyte.fi/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3450#ov
http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/Giga-byte/GA-X58-UD5
http://ark.intel.com/products/47933/Intel-Core-i7-970-Processor-%2812M-Cache-3_20-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI%29

If you would like to suggest another motherboard and CPU here are my
requirements:

  - Easy support for two monitors (maybe with two graphic cards).
  - Must have one (or two) PCI card slot (in addition to PCI-Express
    slots).
  - One parallel ATA slot would be nice (in addition to SATA slots).
  - I hate buying and thinking of hardware and will want to use the
    new system many years with as little problems as possible.
  - I want to use Debian stable. Sometimes frozen, soon-to-be-stable,
    Debian system is OK.

Thanks for any help. Please Cc to me your replies. See Mail-Followup-To.