Re: Turn Off Screen Saver

On Tue, 2012-06-12 at 10:01 +1000, Paul Nulandorn wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-06-10 at 11:40 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> > The thing is that as you are using stable, the only updates you receive
> > are coming from the security repo and this usually does not make any
> > changes in the packages that can lead to your problem.
> >
> > Test with a new user to check if the screen is also blanking for him and
> > if so, review your monitor energy saving settings; some brands and eco
> > displays allows to set the power management directly from the buttons and
> > we tend to forgot about it :-)
> >

> OK, so I created a new user and checked the output of xset -q and got
> this:
>
> DPMS (Energy Star):
> Standby: 0    Suspend: 0    Off: 0
> DPMS is Enabled
>
> as opposed to this:
>
> DPMS (Energy Star):
> Standby: 600    Suspend: 600    Off: 600
> DPMS is Enabled
>
> So the problem is to do with the configuration of my user.

Update:

I have managed to get the output of xset -q to properly reflect the
power-management popup configurations by playing around with the various
settings and clicking the make default button. Some the screen does not
go into power save now. The odd thing is that I can't make them go back
to the way they were.

Confused.

Can someone verify whether or not xset -q is supposed to reflect the
power management popup?

Thanks