Re: Turn Off Screen Saver

On Sun, 2012-06-10 at 11:40 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> The thing is that as you are using stable, the only updates you receive
> are coming from the security repo and this usually does not make any
> changes in the packages that can lead to your problem.
>
> Test with a new user to check if the screen is also blanking for him and
> if so, review your monitor energy saving settings; some brands and eco
> displays allows to set the power management directly from the buttons and
> we tend to forgot about it :-)

OK, so I created a new user and checked the output of xset -q and got
this:

DPMS (Energy Star):
Standby: 0    Suspend: 0    Off: 0
DPMS is Enabled

as opposed to this:

DPMS (Energy Star):
Standby: 600    Suspend: 600    Off: 600
DPMS is Enabled

So the problem is to do with the configuration of my user.

Thanks