Re: Is there a way to use a custom background in terminal mode?

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:35:08AM +0100, keith wrote:
> There certainly was a program to do it via the framebuffer, I think it
> was called 'geecko' or 'geko', or something, but I can't seem to find
> any reference to it now, sorry.

Is this the package you're thinking of?

Package: qingy
Version: 0.9.7-2
 qingy (Qingy Is Not GettY) is a replacement for getty that uses DirectFB to
 provide a fast, nice GUI without the overhead of the X Window System. It allows
 the user to log in and start the session of his choice (text console, GNOME,
 KDE, WMaker, ...).

 Main features:
 * It works ;-)
 * It remembers last user who logged in, with focus on password
 * It also rememebers last session each user chose
 * Alternatively it remembers last session on a per-tty basis
 * Fully themable
 * A theme will look the same on all machines, independently of the resolution
 * You can select your favourite theme, or a random one every time
 * Both text and X sessions are supported
 * You can start more that one X session at once
 * You can even start X inside a console when X sessions are already running
 * PAM support
 * Support for screen savers
 * Auto log-in support
 * Session locking support