Re: Recommend System requirements for Linux Debian

On Sunday 10 June 2012 22:29:03 Marcin Sławiński wrote:
> But Ubuntu/Mint are
> very quicker than Debian.

That is not my experience!  I have installed Debian Squeeze and LXDE for my
husband on his desktop.  It is very fast.  Recently he had to use Ubuntu for
a few weeks.  I installed Lubuntu.  He found it bloated and slow and kept
complaining and saying how glad he would be to be back on Debian.

My own desktop is not indicative of anything.  I am still running on Lenny and
always have various things open when I shut down, which therefore open again
when I boot up.  I am running <dons armour> KDE 3. <removes armour>
It would therefore be a miracle if it *were* fast.

Lisi