[OT] Documenting new stuff (was: /tmp is too small)

On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 00:04:46 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Jo, 07 iun 12, 15:11:02, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> I recall this has been discused here time ago but can't remember if we
>> finally have a wiki page where to direct users facing any problem with
>> this new default (how to tweak the current presets to fit users needs,
>> how to disable it, pros and cons, usage cases...).
>
> Feel free to start one :p

Which translates into: "No, there's no such a page" :-)

> I'm sure the Release Notes editors will be happy to point to it :)

Andrei, I'd be more than glad to help here and create a wiki entry for
the TMPFS status but I really don't follow close enough the latests
developments and modifications that take place in Sid.

As an example, I just have noticed:

***
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/sysvinit/sysvinit_2.88dsf-26/changelog

- Revert RAMTMP setting to be disabled by default.
       Closes: #630615, #665635, #666698, #674517.
***

So, does it mean that this setting is finally disabled by default for both,
new installs and updates?

You see? Despite there's people wanting to help is that we simply can't cope
with all these things ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón