Re: Problem setting up a subdomain

Keir Snow <snow.keir@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've then enabled it using a2ensite however it seems to override my
> default config file and serve the subdomain content when the main site
> URL is used.

> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Misunderstanding vHosts :-)

The _default_ entry works fine until you start adding virtual hosts. At
that point you need to stop using the _default_ entry completely and
create a vHost definition for each of the sites you want to serve.

So if you had just www.mywebsite.org working within _default_,
but now have added groupsite.mywebsite.org, you now need three
definitions: _default_ (which doesn't really get used any more),
groupsite.mywebsite.org, and www.mywebsite.org.

Chris