Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

Hi,

Dňa Fri, 8 Jun 2012 06:21:46 -0400 Carl Fink <carl@finknetwork.com>
napísal:

> On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 05:26:30AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > The handling for the end user is optimized to fit to the needs of
> > Windows end users. Slavko already has written that Windows end users
> > don't compile Windows kernels, but Linux end users do.
>
> No we don't. That hasn't been generally true for years.
>
> Yes, it is *possible* to do so, but it hasn't really been common for some
> time.

Freedom is not about things, which we do often, but freedom is about
things which we can do when we want (or need).

Yes, you are right, i builded my last custom kernel cca 2 years ago. This
kernel is compiled with small size and memory requirements in mind. This
kernel (for my custom PXE backup tool) is still working for me. But when
there will be needing for new HW drivers, i will must to compile new one.

Some of my friends are often speaking about free (open) HW. I was joke
from them in past, but now i understand their ideas.

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk