Re: [OT] Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 05:21 -0400, Tom H wrote:
> Consider banking.

Online-banking already is impossible for me, regarding to a technology
the German Postbank is using. I once enabled it, then disabled it and
now me and even the Postbank admins are unable to enable online-banking
again.

They implemented a broken technology parallel to German ID cards that
now ship with a new technology too, that can't be used for anything
useful, but that is intended to give more security. The new ID card is
more expensive.

Fortunately my bank "donated" the needed online-banking tool, when I
complained, since it costs money.

The truth: Non of that crap will provide a higher level of security,
it's only good to sell microchips, licenses etc., to offend data privacy
etc..

- Ralf