Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

Hi,

Dňa Tue, 5 Jun 2012 13:01:27 -0500 Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> napísal:

> > You will have to disable secure boot or add the key used to sign the
> > bootloader to your computer.
>
> Only if those options are made available by the manufacturer.

in our country is more and more difficult to buy computer (specially
notebook) without Windows included. In one shop they are telling me, that
it si not possible. But to buy computer without Windows is still possible.

I will need to add one more condition for computer buying only - the
ability disable the signed boot...

I know, that no one MB manufacturer will change their BIOS for me, but
buying HW from another manufacturer i will support them. It is the same,
as when i was buying the WiFi router, i was searching HW, which allow me
to load custom firmware (OpenWRT in my case).

Another problem are servers HW, there i see possibility of the
problems...

regards

--
Slavko