Archiver supporting POSIX ACLs, file caps and xattrs?

I'd like to dump an ext3 filesystem which might uses xattrs and might
use file capabilities.  I'd very much like to pipe its output to
another machine (via netcat or some other means) which frames out
fsarchiver [1] which requires lseeks() on the file it generates.
So I'd like to use something like tar, cpio or pax.

Unfortunately, it seems that tar did not support any extended file
properties yet [2], [3] even though it seems there are patches around
[5].  Can anyone please suggest a tool which could do *full* archival of
an ext3 filesystem and which supports dumping its output to stdout?

Please Cc me as I'm not subscribed.

1. http://www.fsarchiver.org
2. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-tar/2008-12/msg00004.html
3. http://www.gnu.org/software/tar/#TOCreleases