Re: Setting up the scanner

Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 11:34:08 +0200, steef wrote:

(...)

  # Canon PIXMA MP280
  ATTRS{idVendor}=="04a9", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1746", MODE="0666", GROUP="scanner", ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

(...)

Looks right.

Also ensure that your user pertains to the "scanner" group (id).

well....... i put the MP280 line in the /lib/udev/rules.d/60-.../&&
yet the machine did not appear in xsane. what did i do wrong? (that is
what i meant by 'it did not work out well')

that is to say: xsane does not do the job up till now. but, as a stubborn friesian, i will not give up.

Errr... steef, you have to test with the Canon scanning software
("scangearmp").

i did that and the scanner is working like a charm. sorry. i should have told you that. the point is: i could not stand *not* to get xsane working

(i looked further gain into /var/log/dmesg. dmesg tells me the canon is
recognized).

I can't tell with it does not work within xsane (my guess is that your
device is not directly supported by sane), but remember you have
installed a set of utilities from Canon to get your devie working so you
have to use Canon provided tools ;-)

as i wrote: the cannon tools work like a charm now.

thank you again very much for your support!

cheers,

steef

Greetings,