Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless Card

I recently bought a System76 Pangolin laptop. It had Ubuntu preinstalled on it but I decided that I wanted the stability of Debian Squeeze. I quickly realized that Squeeze doesn't support the wireless card that the laptop has, which is a Realtek RTL8188CE card. I have searched google for a solution to no avail. Here is what I have tried so far...

After downloading and installing the backport kernel and firmware-realtek packages, I restarted the laptop to find the wireless still did not work. I looked at the output from dmesg and found and error message complaining that it could not find the firmware. I then tried Realtek's website to find errors when trying to compile the kernel modules. I hope someone can assist me with this problem.

Thanks