Re: Computer case

> experiences with cases regarding to noise (and heat), accuracy of fit
> for cards are interesting for me, others might be interested in space
> (and vertical stability)

Hi,

I found that Lian-Li's cases are carefully built, silent, with good airflow and beautiful design (it's brushed aluminium). They have many sizes and configurations available.
http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product.php

I bought three of them so far:

- one PC-A05N midi tower, with two silent 120mm fans. Squeeze :-) is running on
three drives (RAID1 for reliability)
- two PC-Q9 desktop cases for mini-ITX boards. Really nice, small and silent,
but not much space inside: just for a 2.5" drive HD and a slim optical drive. On one of these my Foxconn-Intel board didn't fit really smoothly, but it did (the space between screws didn't match exactly).

Apart from airflow-grids and -openings, they have no gaps.
Anti-vibration mounting kits for HDDs are included.
And they have plenty of other mounting and expansion kits (but didn't try them).

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Andrew