Re: GPT pressed

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Darren Baginski <kickbsd@yandex.com> wrote:
> 29.05.2012, 02:29, "Tom H" <tomh0665@gmail.com>:
>> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Darren Baginski <kickbsd@yandex.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Another question, why debian installer keeps asking
>>>  about keyboard layout even then I have it set in the
>>>  preseed.cfg file and have "preseed/file=/preseed.cfg
>>>  auto=true,
>>>  priority=critical lang=english
>>>  locale=en_US
>>>  console-keymaps-at/keymap=us
>>>  console-setup/ask_detect=false
>>>  console-setup/layoutcode=us"
>>>  in the isolinux file.
>>
>> Why do you have a "=true," after "auto"? AFAIK it should just be auto.
>>
>> This is what I use, in long form:
>>
>> auto-install/enable \
>> debian-installer/keymap=us \
>> debian-installer/locale=en_US.UTF-8 \
>> console-setup/ask_detect=false \
>> console-setup/layoutcode=en_US \
>> debconf/priority=critical
>
> I have:
>
> default install
> timeout 100
> prompt 1
> LABEL install
>  kernel linux
>  append initrd=initrdc.gz preseed/file=/preseed.cfg auto-install/enable debian-installer/keymap=us debian-installer/locale=en_US.UTF-8 console-setup/ask_detect=false console-setup/layoutcode=en_US debconf/priority=critical
>
> in the isolinux.cfg now, and still asked for keymap.
> Preseed file is injected in to the "Debian Installer 7.0 Alpha1" netboot  , need to say squeeze didn't ask with previous line.
> Perhaps there was changes ?

It works for me with Squeeze but I usually use the short version of
the variables (I was just giving the long ones for reference; sorry).
You might be having a problem because there's a limit on the length of
the kernel parameters. Or there might be a change. In the latter case,
you can pass "DEBCONF_DEBUG=5" to the kernel and, when you're install
stops with a question, the last syslog line on VT4'll have debconf
value that needs to pre-loaded.

The short versions that I know are:
auto            auto-install/enable
classes         auto-install/classes
domain          netcfg/get_domain
fb              debian-installer/framebuffer
file            preseed/file
hostname        netcfg/get_hostname
interface       netcfg/choose_interface
locale          debian-installer/locale