Re: Installing Debian on Acer Aspire One

On Mon 28 May 2012 at 00:22:51 +0200, José Luis Segura Lucas wrote:

[Snipped: Information about an Acer Aspire One]

> Anybody knows how can I install Debian from scratch?

I would disagree with the advice given in the sentence beginning 'As the
Installation Manual states: . . .'

Read section 4.3.1. at

	http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s03.html.en

and put an iso on a USB stick. You have a Linux machine to do this, I
hope.

If non-free firmware is required download a suitable tarball from

	http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/firmware/

and extract the files from it on to a USB stick.

Boot the machine from the first stick.